2021 Night Series # 7
August 3, 2021 @ 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm EDT
Highlands Sports Car Club’s Night Series provides an opportunity for competitors to get a mid-week autox fix without taking up an entire day. All events are held on Tuesday evenings at the WNC Agricultural Center located across from Asheville Regional Airport.
The Night Series has been very popular in recent years with entries routinely approaching, and sometimes even breaking 100 drivers. Because of the large turnout combined with the compressed time schedule, we need everyone’s help to pull off a smooth event. That means arriving early enough to get your car registered & tech’ed within the allotted time, having your car ready in the grid before your Run Group starts, and showing up promptly for work assignments.
This event is limited to 100 participants.
If registration is full and you end up on the wait list, please do not come to the event unless you have been contacted and your registration has been officially moved to a confirmed entry. You will be emailed ahead of time if a slot opens.
- Registration / Check-In: 5:00 – 6:15 pm 1
- Tech Inspection: 5:00 – 6:15 pm 2
- Novice Walkthrough: 6:15 pm
- Driver’s Meeting: 6:30 pm
- First Vehicle Off: 7:00 pm
1 Everyone must check-in at the entrance.
2 Our Annual Tech sticker will be available for $3. We will continue to honor Annual Tech stickers from surrounding SCCA Regions and other well established independent clubs.
HSCC members: $25
PLEASE NOTE: All participants must pre-register on MotorsportsReg. There will be no on-site registrations for this event.
ADDITIONAL RESTRICTIONS DUE TO COVID-19:
These rules and protocols are set as the minimum guidelines for all participants to meet. Participants who refuse to comply with these policies will be asked to leave the event upon first offense.
Social Distancing Protocols:
- All Participants must wear a cloth mouth and nose face covering or other non-venting PPE mask at ALL TIMES during the event and while on the WNC Ag Center property, with ONLY ONE EXCEPTION: Drivers do not need to wear a mask or face covering while in their vehicles.
- All participants shall practice good hygiene by washing hands or using hand sanitizer often, especially after touching frequently used items or surfaces, such as ink pens, doorknobs, fixtures, cones, flags, etc.
- All participants shall continue to maintain 6 feet social distancing. Face coverings are not a substitute for physical/social distancing.
- Individuals vulnerable to COVID-19 (those greater than 74 years old, and those with serious underlying medical problems such as hypertension, diabetes, obesity, chronic lung disease and asthma, or immunocompromised state) are encouraged to stay at home. Non-vulnerable participants should understand that there is a risk of bringing the virus home and should take extra caution to isolate from vulnerable individuals once back home.
- Participants who are sick or not feeling well should not attend the event and will not be allowed to enter. If you become sick at the event, you will be required to leave.
- This event is limited to 100 participants and will count towards season points eligibility for a championship trophy.
- Participants will be charged at the time of registration and there will be NO REFUNDS for any reason after registration.
- All participants must pre-register online at MotorsportsReg. There will be no on-site registrations for this event.
- A cloth face covering is required and must be presented at the check in gate. No participants will be allowed to enter without a PPE mask.
- No loaner helmets will be available. If you do not bring your own helmet, you will not be permitted to participate.
- No Passengers allowed in any participant vehicles.
- In-car instruction is not permitted.
- Our Annual Tech sticker will be available for purchase at this event. We will continue to honor Annual Tech stickers from surrounding SCCA Regions and other well established independent clubs.
Tech & Registration:
- Tech Inspection will be done with the participants staying in their vehicles and pulling up in line to avoid any gatherings at the tech area.
- Tech inspectors will wear latex or nitrile gloves in addition to a cloth face covering.
- Check In Staff will wear latex or nitrile gloves in addition to a cloth face covering.
As with everything recently, this guidance can and may change based on the best available information at the time. All reasonable attempts will be made to make accommodations to newer guidelines. We will do our best to provide all participants with the latest updates. For questions, comments, or concerns please contact us at info@HSCC.club.
Becoming a member of HSCC:
Join Highlands Sports Car Club online through Motorsport Reg. Once you’ve registered and paid for this Membership Event, please allow up to 24 hours for your membership to be validated. Once validated you will be able to register for our events at the discounted member price.