HSCC Car Numbers
For our events to run smoothly it is essential that we be able to correctly identify each car. Therefore all cars must meet the requirements outlined in section 3.7 of the SCCA Solo Handbook. If your car does not meet these requirements, you will need the approval of 2 HSCC Officers before you’re allowed to enter your car. Below you will find a summary of the requirements. For a detailed description, please refer to the SCCA Solo Rules.
Requirements for cars:
- Numbers must be a minimum of 8″ high with a 1.25″ stroke.
- Class letters must be a minimum of 4″ high with a 0.75″ stroke.
- The color must be of sufficient contrast to the color of the car.
- Class letters should be placed to the left of the numbers.
- All PAX class identifiers (N, P, T) must be placed before the class letters.
- Class letters and numbers must be on both sides of the car on the doors or body panels (windows are not acceptable locations).
- Two-driver cars must display the correct identification before each run.
- Shoe polish on the windows is NOT ACCEPTABLE!!
- Letters and numbers made with painter’s tape are NOT ACCEPTABLE!!
Requirements for karts:
- Numbers and class letters must be displayed on BOTH FRONT & REAR, or BOTH SIDES of the kart.
- Numbers must be unique across ALL kart classes. (There cannot be AK25 and KM25).
- Numbers must be a minimum of 5″ high with a 0.75″ stroke.
- Class letters must be a minimum of 3.5″ high with a 0.75″ stroke.
- The color must be of sufficient contrast to the background.
- Multi-driver karts must display the correct identification before each run.
Every driver is personally responsible for properly classing their vehicle and for properly identifying their vehicle. If you pull into the starting line and the identification on the side of your vehicle does not match the information registered into the computer, we will let you take your run, but it will not be scored.