HSCC Kart Classes
We offer a total of 6 kart classes, allowing for participants as young as 5 years old. Two classes are specific to HSCC and four are official SCCA classes.
- Adult Kart (AK): Driver must be at least 16 years old. Engine and chassis rules are identical to Junior Kart.
- Adult Kart Modified (AKM): Driver must be at least 16 years old. Engine requirements are the same as Junior Kart and Adult Kart but modifications are unlimited. Any fuel may be used. Forced induction and nitrous are prohibited. Only one engine may be used. Chassis design is completely open as long as it is deemed safe by our Tech Inspectors.
- Kart Modified (KM): Driver must be at least 15 years old. Shifter karts and any other karts that do not meet the requirements of any of the 2 HSCC kart classes listed above will run in the SCCA’s standard Kart Modified class. Please refer to the official SCCA Solo Rules for details.
- Junior Kart A (JA): Driver must be 12-16 years old.
- Junior Kart B (JB): Driver must be 8-12 years old.
- Junior Kart C (JC): Driver must be 5-8 years old.
Please see our autocross rule book for more information on kart classes.